I recently gave a talk about communicating in science. Hoo boy, if I had only known about this slideshow by Alexi Kapterev (view the whole show via the link below).
Two of the “money slides”:
1) What is it about repetition by threes? Maybe my neurobiology buddies can tell me. All I know is it works.
2) A great presentation
- conveys with enthusiasm why it’s important
- is built with repeated elements
- each of those elements is simple, uncluttered, and catchy
- is so well rehearsed it seems spontaneous.
| View | Upload your own
Thanks. This is helpful information.
iLike the design aspect, very smooth.
[…] 3. Getting Things Done in Academia – Cookbook for a Great Presentation […]
Very nice. When one has a public Ph D defense hopefully coming up shortly. Argh. Thanks.