This is from the mind of Merlin Mann (of 43 Folders fame), one of GTD’s most articulate spokespersons:
Five Potentially novel New Year’s resolutions:
1) authentically behave as though you’re living in an unending Ronnie James Dio song
2) renounce thermodynamics as prideful conceit borne of modern secular culture
3) eat only animals that have appeared in Richard Scarry illustrations
4) lick unused cutlery whenever people aren’t looking
5) finally finish building backyard shrine to Karen Black
Zeladoniac of Drawing the Motmot has a nicely illustrated post (natch) on a topic of some interest to anybody who studies the natural world for a living. Her “5 steps to better bird drawing”, might just comprise a new entry point in learning about your favorite organism.
Scientists and economists have been offered $10,000 each by a lobby group funded by one of the world’s largest oil companies to undermine a major climate change report due to be published today.
Letters sent by the American Enterprise Institute (AEI), an ExxonMobil-funded thinktank with close links to the Bush administration, offered the payments for articles that emphasise the shortcomings of a report from the UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).
Dr. Mike Kaspari is Director of the Graduate Program in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology at the University of Oklahoma. When he is not teaching, he studies the evolutionary ecology of ants and the brown food web. This blog is dedicated to exploring the strategies and tactics of the academic life.